Friday, February 22, 2013

Project #10

Teacher's desk with books and an apple, also a quote on a chalkboard
Finding The Right Tool

My major is Secondary Education, and English, So I decided that I would like to find a tool that could help mine and my student's grammar. The reason I thought this was a good idea is because I know the toughest problem I have as a writer is making sure all of my words are spelled correctly and that I capitalized all of my I's. Sometimes spell check isn't enough so as I was searching I came across this website http://www.grammarly.com/. At this website it claims that it corrects up to 10 times more mistakes then regular spellcheck. So as an English Teacher before any of my students turned something in I would suggest that that use this website just to make sure all of their grammar is correct. What makes this website great is because it not only just checks for misspellings but it checks for missed punctuations, comma splices, and it checks for plagiarism. So all-in-all I think this website is fantastic for not only English papers, but for all written or typed pieces in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment