Thursday, April 25, 2013

C4T #4

 The words Teacher Comments
C4T #4 Post 1

For this teacher I was assigned Will Richardson's Blog to the post "Playing Chopsticks With Technology." In the post Mr. Richardson starts off with a interview from Alan Kay. I did not know who Alan Kay was so I had to research him, and I found out that Alan Kay is a Computing Pioneer who has been working to create technology for over 30 years now. In the Interview it is asked wether having technology in the classroom will make students smarter, and he answers by saying it depends on the teacher. I thought that this was extremely accurate it doesn't matter how much technology is in a classroom if the teacher can't use it as well. He made a simile to a piano being put into classrooms, it doesn't mean we are going to produce more Mozarts, it just means that more kids will know how to play chopsticks. Mr. Richardson then goes on to elaborate by continuing to say that it is really up to the teachers to be technologically savvy because after all they are the ones who are teaching the technology.

C4T Comment #1

I commented on his post and I told him that I agree with him and Mr. Kay's ideas about technology in the classroom. That yes it is important for it to be there, but that it is even more important that we have people there who know how to teach with it. There was one part in his post where he talks about how he himself isn't near the level he needs to be on and I commented and said that I thought that he was very noble and humble by understanding that even though he can use a computer doesn't mean he is an expert at it. The more we learn for ourselves the more we will be able to teach to the future of our country.

C4T #4 Post 2

Mr. Richardson's blog was mysteriously taken down so I changed my teacher to Wesley Fryer whose blog is Moving at the Speed of Creativity. The post I commented on was Create an Online Radio Show with Spreaker DJ for Ipad. In this post Mr. Fryer talked about an I pad app where you can create, record, and publish a free radio show or audio podcast online. He added his screen cast video to his blog and I highly reccomend that you check out the app and Mr. Fryer's Screen cast.

C4T Comment #2 

I commented on Mr. Fryer's post and I told him that I thought it was a nice and inspiring post that he had created. the reason bieng is he is trying to tell the world about a solid free way to produce you're own podcast or radio show. In his post he also put another program that allows people to do the same thing and he said that these are now two of his favorite apps. I told him that I also liked the fact that he added the other program for people who might not of read his blog before and so that people will be able to compare them. I finished by telling him that I looked forward to reading more about what other tools he finds useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment